On the southeast coast of the Easter Ross Peninsula lies Nigg Bay and the village of Nigg, which took its name from the bay.
Nigg Bay (Scottish Gaelic: Camas Neig) starts at Balintraid pier – probably the oldest pier in this area – built by Thomas Telford in 1821. There is a wartime mining base alongside the pier and a series of coastal gun emplacements on the road to North Sutor. The Bay is also home to a large RSPB reserve.
A ferry links the villages of Cromarty, on the Black Isle, to Nigg on the Easter Ross Peninsula.